I’m not sure why you would stay in South Beach this coming weekend, but in case you are, below is a memo we received from the police department regarding safety and procedures:
“THINGS TO KNOW FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 2012
EXPECT HEAVY TRAFFIC CONGESTION
The following roads will be altered or closed from 7p m Friday-7am Tuesday:
- Ocean Drive will be closed to vehicular traffic 24 hours a day from 5th-15th Street from Friday 7:00a.m to Tuesday 7:00a.m.
- Collins Avenue will be northbound traffic only between 5th-15th Street 24 hours a day Friday 7:00a.m. to Tuesday 7:00a.m.
- From 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights), Washington Avenue will be southbound only from 5th-15th Street.
- Proof of residency will be required to enter the following residential areas: 1) North of 5th Street to Lincoln Road from Washington Avenue west to Alton Road. 2) South of 5th Street to Government Cut. 3) Dade Blvd to 41st Street and Pine Tree Drive.
DUI Check Point:
- MacArthur Causeway (east bound) starting Friday, May 25, 8:00 p.m. and continue through Saturday, May 26, 2012 ending at 5:00 a.m.
- DUI saturation and enforcement throughout Saturday and Sunday. Enforcement will take place on all major streets in Miami Beach.
License Plate Readers will be activated on the MacArthur Causeway causing traffic to be reduced to one lane.
Plan for a high volume of traffic on the MacArthur Causeway and Julia Tuttle. The Venetian Causeway will be used as an entry point for residents.”
IMPORTANT POLICE DEPARTMENT PHONE NUMBERS:
I hope everyone has a great weekend regardless if you’re evacuating or sticking around.
Good luck and godspeed!